Brevity is the soul of wit, so we asked Jelena Fiškuš and Sean Poropat, Creative Directors at Studio Sonda, to provide short answers to ten questions for ten years of IdejaX.
Last year they won the Grand Prix at IdejaX, which allowed them to compete at Cannes Lions Awards, where they received the prestigious Lion statue! The praised creative duo from Studio Sonda revealed what feeds their creativity, what the biggest misconception about designers is and gave helpful advice to future IdejaX applicants. Let them inspire you and apply – who knows, a Cannes Lion could adorn your shelves after IdejaX.
- One word that best describes Studio Sonda:
- What has been the biggest change in Studio Sonda over the years:
Moving from a small community to an even smaller one.
- One thought on winning the Grand Prix at IdejaX:
- The biggest reason why one should apply to IdejaX:
It makes you more aware of yourself and your work.
- The first thing you did after winning a Cannes Lion:
Weighed our anchor and set sail.
- The most important driver of creativity is:
Ever-lasting, continuous and relentless curiosity.
- The biggest misconception about designers is:
With all due respect, the biggest misconception is equating design with art.
- Advice for future IdejaX applicants:
If you accept the fact that only you take credit for your results, whether good or bad, you will learn a lot. The worse the result, the bigger the lesson.
- Idea X that you hope to realize this year:
Finish the construction of our Creative Centre in Vižinada.
- One final thought:
No matter how hard it seems sometimes, it is important to remind ourselves why we love what we do and do it while the love is strong. And, of course, it’s important to have fun while doing it.